When coming up with funny persuasive speech topics, you should first consider the content of your speech. Firstly, you should think about what goals you wish to achieve with your persuasive speech. Once you have figured out which goals that you are going to achieve within your speech, you can start to manipulate them into funny topic ideas. The second thing you should consider is how to make your topics funny without diluting your message.
Do not relate the funny topic to your intended goal
Because being funny will sometimes dilute the message that you are trying to get across, you should consider making your topic funny but without relating it to the actual goal of your persuasive speech. For example, if you were going to back the speech about low attendance figures at football games, you wouldn’t consider a topic such as “football attendance figures lower than a sausage dog’s dangly parts”.
Even though the topic sounds funny, it is still a little bit too close to your intended speech goal. Ideally you wouldn’t want to mention the low figures within the title itself. Instead it goes something such as “football figures are kicked in the balls”. This gives an indication that your speech will have something to do with football figures but is still fairly vague, and therefore acceptable as a funny topic title.
Change a funny topic title that already exists
Sometimes if you’re really stuck then you can always copy the funny persuasive speeches topics of other people and change them a little. You will find that many funny persuasive speeches topics can be adapted to suit your needs. Here are sixty topic titles that are mildly amusing. You can use these titles or you can change them a little and then use them for your own persuasive speech needs.
Funny topics for persuasive speeches:
1. Yodel like a professional
2. Why “all is fair in love and war”? Why not “all is fair while burping and farting”?
3. Tips on staying awake in Calculus/Geology/Psychology/Philosophy/Sociology/Accounts class.
4. The power of foot reading
5. Reasons why my cell phone is my best friend
6. Protection from Zombies
7. My younger sibling should treat me like a king
8. Lessons I have learned after watching Walt Disney/Pixar/DreamWorks/Warner Bros./Sony animated movies
9. In a fight between superheroes, who will win the battle?
10. How to look like a “Rock Star”
11. How to get autographs from your favorite Hollywood celebrities
12. How to catch a cold
13. Halloween should be the only holiday that allows household begging
14. Explain drawbacks for eating chocolate to your pet lamb
15. Eating things you don’t like
16. Children’s Nursery Rhymes are mind control songs
17. Blaming your dog for everything that goes wrong is an old way-out.
18. Why Disney Pictures shouldn’t ever make another Pirates of the Caribbean
19. Why fair play does not work in the college degree certificate business
20. Who rules your school – Jocks, Nerds, or the teachers
21. I will become a star so that I can tickle parrots
22. Watching movies is like theatre in my home
23. Unique uses for duct tape
24. Top 10 self-employment opportunities while you’re in school
25. Tips on cruising through college with fun and entertaining majors
26. Things I would change/bring back if I were the President
27. The pros about cons of going to school
28. The day when Facebook no longer rules our world
29. Thanksgiving dinner in three easy steps
30. Reasons why people should cover the Kardashians with fire ants
31. Reasons why I love doing nothing around the house
32. Quote Shakespeare like a pro
33. Quentin Tarantino is great because he’s the son of God.
34. Ordering the world the funny way
35. Once a month, the school should allow kids to host a food fight
36. Ninety per cent of blonds are not stupid at all
37. Make a mud pack facial
38. Limiting alternatives will make your choice easier
39. Life with Harry Potter
40. Life of Harry Potter after Lord Voldemort was murdered
41. It is impossible to change people’s characteristics
42. Ways to eat things you do not like to eat.
43. How you should turn your video games playing into an addiction
44. How to make bread crumbs
45. How to grow grits so you have fun
46. How to create a cult following easily with dumb people
47. How you can convince your friends to give you money
48. How to avoid spending a dime at the mall, but still have fun with friends
49. How teachers spend their time when they are not teaching
50. Getting water from a rock
51. Getting over your fear of speech making
52. Fun with super glue
53. Five things to count besides sheep when going to sleep
54. Facts on why guys gossip more than girls
55. Every child should have a tree house in his/her backyard
56. Every child should get a cootie shot
57. Eating well on $5.00 a day
58. Don’t take life too seriously – and yourself
59. Convincing your professor that your mum tickles hens.
60. Coffee tastes bitter, but we want it anyway